Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

From Overwhelmed back to Reality

This afternoon, I was casually looking through the paperwork that found its way to my email inbox today.  Just kinda scrolling through it all.  This is what I knew before we even began the process of adoption, there will be a ton of paperwork, it will be tedious and detailed, it will take a while to navigate but at the end, it will be all right and we will get through the maze.  However, as I scrolled through it all and the 2 manuals that accompanied it (just to tell help us fill it all out), I found my self becoming very overwhelmed!  Unless you have sat on this side of this kind of paperwork, you may never be able to fully understand what I'm trying to convey (because, well, I'm not great at getting this kind of stuff across), but oh, my, goodness!!!!  Really I have no words to describe it, other than overwhelmed...

Then my phone rang.  On the other end of the phone was  friend, asking a very simple question and just chatting about the things that are going on.  Then she began to talk about our bakesale this weekend, and how seriously she is taking the importance of the entire adoption process.  As she shared her thoughts, my mind was brought back to our reality.  The reality that all the paperwork in the world wouldn't keep us from walking this path!  This is not just about 'getting' a baby and becoming parents, this is about saving a life!  One out of millions, may not seem very important, but let me remind you, we are talking about our baby, our child and let me assure you, this one out of millions is vitally important to Andrew and I and to all our friends and family!  This is the child God is entrusting to us to raise, love and teach about Him!

Thank you Father, for the quick and very timely reminder, that I would gladly complete twice as much paperwork, if it means You can use us to give a forever family to one child in this world that already has way too many fatherless children!

No comments:

Post a Comment